Dear Students and Parents,
Welcome back to another school year at Arnoldsburg Elementary. Together we can help the children at Arnoldsburg achieve their highest potential.
Parents, in order to be successful in school, children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
Students, we want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities and will need you to do the same. Please help us support learning by:
1) Attending school daily and arriving on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Complete all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Read daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Share school experiences with your parents
5) Inform us when you need additional support in any area or subject
There have been a few staff changes over the summer. Tammey Webb is now our interventionist and program coordinator for Save the Children. Second grade ELA and social studies teacher is Morgan Allen. Crystal Smith is our new special education teacher. Finally, Lisa Hawkins will be working with Mrs. Webb as a Save the Children aide to help with interventions.
The staff at Arnoldsburg Elementary and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.